Page List

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cosmo VoxBox '12 Review

So, I'm a few months late into this, but now that I've used the products I received in my Cosmo VoxBox for a bit, I feel that I can properly review them.


Gilette Venus razor with the original razor head and the Venus & Olay collaboration razor head
I've used a Gilette Venus razor a long time ago, when I first started shaving my legs as a youngling. I ended up switching to using men's razors (specifically, the Shick Hydro 5), because at the time those were much better on my legs -- the five blades were great, the moisture strip was great, and it was much better for my sensitive skin. Needless to say, I was a little hesitant to go back to the Venus, but the razor's much improved since then. The five blades are great, and the strips of moisture and cushioning on the standard head are gentle on my sensitive skin -- no razor burn anymore. Less ingrown hairs, and a quick, clean shave.

Sadly, can't say the same for the Venus & Olay collaboration razor head. Before I even finished shaving my legs, the moisture strips melted away and fell off. For the time they were actually ON the razor head, they worked just fine (possibly even better than the original razor head), but they didn't last long enough to actually be worth it. I'm definitely going to keep using the Venus, since otherwise it works well, and I can use any Venus razor head with any Venus handle, but I won't be spending the money on the Venus & Olay collab.



Forever Red perfume by Bath and Body Works
I am a perfume girl. There is no way around it. I am constantly testing samples, checking out newly released scents, and try to wear a different smell every day. Unfortunately, this one was a no for me. Its notes consist mostly of what seems to be pomegranate and apple, and it's far too sweet for my taste.


FriXion by Pilot
These were pretty interesting. Colorful gel pens that erase -- who woulda'thunk it? They work well enough, and I liked the purple ink a lot, but just be aware that if you leave the ink alone for too long, you won't be able to erase it. Good for fixing mistakes right off the bat, not so much for going back and editing over the long term.


Ghirardelli Sea Salt Escape
I have no picture for you because I already ate this. It's wonderful. Take my word for it. Go out and buy it and eat it, and thank me immediately afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment